Behold! The wonderful ice cream maker. Sadly, I don't live at home so I haven't gotten to use it since Christmas because I haven't been home. What a waste of a beautiful machine too. My mom and sister don't eat sweets and my step dad will have a sweet tooth once in a blue moon. But I wasn't allowed to bring it home.
So my first experience with an ice cream maker was a blast. My mom and I spent the time catching up and having a great time. We made Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 4 oz egg beater
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
Note: You have to put the metal canister in the freezer for a LONG time, we left it in for like 24 hours so it was nice and cold.
1. Cream together egg beaters and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in cream, cream cheese, pureed strawberries, and vanilla.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Once everything is mixed, set up the ice cream machine and have everything ready to pour into canister. Once you take the canister out of the freezer it starts to thaw, which is bad because the cold canister is what freezes the ice cream.
5. turn on machine. leave for 30 minutes.
6. Ice cream is going to be custard-y once done. Put in a container and freeze for a few hours if you want it harder.
Overall: Honestly, this was just as fun for me to make as it was to eat. The ice cream was creamy and had nice flavor. I would have loved some chocolate chips. But it was fun. Wish I had this to play with. Do you know HOW many flavors of ice cream you can make?