Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- 10 oz Master Recipe Shredded Chicken
- 1 can canned tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 1 package frozen peppers
- 1 can corn (or frozen I suppose, we used canned)
- Tortilla chips
- Optional: Jalapeno pepper, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine all ingredients in your crock pot.
2. If you want the jalapeno, seed and dice the pepper. BE CAREFUL! Jalapenos are wicked painful to the eyes if you touch your eyes after working with the peppers. Best option is to work with plastic glove. If your hands are going naked, make sure to wash REALLY well. I've made the mistake of NOT washing my hands well enough. It hurts. Real bad.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or on high for 3.5-4 hrs.
4. Garnish with Tortilla chips (we had pita chips), cheese, sour cream, or whatever else you like in your soup
OVERALL: It was good. Honestly though, I am not a fan of soups. My entire family, who is not as finicky as I am, loved the soup and it was gone within a day. That must say something about it right? But I probably won't make again because I don't like soups. Unless it's cold. Then I would.