Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lime Chicken

From time to time I post recipes I find online, which I plan to make. Tonight I modified this chicken wings recipe. I personally don't like chicken wings, so instead I used 2 chicken breasts. And 86'ed the Avocado dip... because I didn't have any avocados

Lime Chicken Breast

4 cloves garlic, chopped (I actually used a teaspoon of minced garlic, because we didn't have any fresh garlic)
1/4 cup vegetables oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Pinch salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 limes, juiced
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 lime, zested
Optional
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced

1. Mix the oil, tomato paste, salt, honey, lime juice, & lime zest together. Let the chicken Marinade overnight.

2. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 8x8 pan with tinfoil. Cook the chicken for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take the chicken out, cover the pan with tinfoil and cook for a remaining 10 minutes.

OVERALL: Wow. The recipe called to marinade overnight, but seeing as I didn't read that until after I had eaten, I only marinaded the chicken for about 20 minutes. The flavor was wonderful. I probably used the zest of a whole lime, instead of the half recommended. But I was very impressed with the flavors. Also, baking the chicken is a healthier way to make. Normally the chicken I bake tends to be on the dry side, so I covered the baking pan 2/3rds of the way through, hoping it would steam the chicken to prevent drying out. Well, the chicken wasn't dry so yay!

Definitely will be making this again!

No comments: