Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Gameday Smores and Exciting Prizes :)

So I joined a wonderful Food Blog Site, and I won a prize just for being there! It's actually the first prize I've every won (yay!). Above is the nifty little pin as well as a very sweet card.

Sadly I haven't had much time to cook. I've been trying to save money, dealing with relationship drama, and studying for my exams next week. Tomorrow though is the UF vs. Tenn game, and I've been invited to a few parties. I made some insanely good smores via Hershey's suggestions.

S'Mores Cereal Squares

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup light corn syrup
  • 4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, broken into pieces
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3-1/2 cups honey graham cereal
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
1. Butter 8-inch square pan.

2. Cook syrup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat or place in large microwave-safe bowl and microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute or to boiling. Remove from heat or microwave oven; add chocolate pieces and vanilla, stirring until chocolate is melted. Gradually fold in cereal until coated with chocolate. Fold in marshmallows.

3. Press mixture into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Cover; refrigerate leftover squares to retain crispness. 24 squares.

OVERALL: They are still in the fridge cooling, but OH. My. God. Chandler Bing. I nibbled on some leftovers on the spoon and it was so good. Plus it took about 5 minutes to make.


2 comments:

Meg said...

Yeah for the prize!

This looks heavenly. I must make this soon!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Alyse, great blog. My daughter, also a college student at UTEP, will love it as much as I do. I like your smores squares and your chicken dishes. They're easy and simple to prepare and look and sound tasty. Welcome to the blogroll.