Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Orange Chicken Dinner

Today was an intense day in the kitchen. After a failed cookie experiment, I decided to make dinner for the Fam. My mom and step dad have been working really hard remodeling a townhouse we have to rent out by wednesday. So I used this recipe (with variations)

The flavor of the chicken was awesome, I would seriously be content to have this chicken with mashed potatoes and peas. For the vegetables we used sauteed onions and carrots, and canned peas and corn. Not really a fan of the veggies, but the carrots and onions were good. It wasn't my idea to put in the corn and peas, but whatever. Add in the Pad Thai noodles we had, and it was good. I don't really like the texture of pad thai though, so for me I mainly picked at the chicken. Also, we didn't use peanut oil or oyster stock. I like using things in the panty, and keeping the grocery bill to a minimum.

I would definetly make this chicken again, but only the chicken!

No comments: