Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Frozen Pizza's

Every college student stacks up on frozen pizza. It's a necessity when you have a late night exam (as I'm writing this at 10:41 pm after a grueling physics exam) and you don't feel like cooking. Through my college experience, I have always had mini pizza in my freezer. Some hits, some misses.

You should note that I'm rating these pizza based on how well they microwave & how good they taste.

My Personal Favorite pizza is DiGorno Pizza's.

I love the traditional crust. It's a thick delicious pizza crust. One of the best things is that you can microwave and it's ACTUALLY decent pizza. The crust is crispy yet still fluffy. Also comes in Garlic Crust (greasy, not very good) and Thin crust (I'm not a thin crust girl)

Sadly, these are expensive. Normally about $3.50-$4.00 and SOMETIMES will go on sale for like 2 for $6.



Celesta Pizza

So I just picked up this brand to try something new. I always see it in our freezer from one my my roommates. Honestly, I probably won't by again. There is no where near enough cheese (I counted like 8 shredded mozzarella bits disbursed across the 8 inch pizza). The sauce had a bit of a peppery taste and overall did not cook well in the microwave.

The good news? 3 for $5!



Stouffer's French Bread Pizza

I stocked up on these when I was in my dorm with my mini fridge, because they are individually packaged and don't take up a lot of room. They are alright. I mostly cooked them in the oven because I don't remember if there were microwave instruction or if the microwaved pizza was crap. But the bread gets hard & crispy throughout. It feels like you are eating stale bread with pizza toppings.

These are expensive as well, running about $4. They are occasionally on sale here.


Red Barron Singles

Alright. Good thing is they have lots of cheese. They microwave alright. Although you should eat fast because after a while the cheese gets kinda gross.

I haven't bought these in a while I think because for the size and amount you get it's cheaper to just get another pizza.

No comments: