- 1 cooked chicken breast cut finely (leftovers are awesome I found out)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp finely diced celery
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Mix cream cheese, chicken, celery, and onions in a bowl.
- roll out the thawed pie crust. Cut into 3 by 3 inch squares.
- add a SMALL amount of the mixture on the pie crust. Seriously, overstuffing is bad...
- before folding, dip your finger in water and trace along the edges, this acts as a glue for the pie crust
- fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- bake for 8 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
It was very good. The only off putting thing was the pie crust was a little heavy. Maybe using wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers would be better, but the whole ratio of filling to bread was off... Also, I made this mean for just me, it was very simply to make, the most time consuming thing being assembling the empanadas. Also, I forgot to add cheese... i might do that next time=)
Look at that overflowing filling.... Need to be more conservative!