- 1 box muffin mix (I used blueberry since the blueberries come separate)
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen berries
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1/3 cup milk
1. Combine muffin mix, milk and jelly... don't worry it's not going to look smooth because of the jelly.
2. Slowly fold in the berries.
3. Bake in a 425 oven for 16 minutes.
Overall: These were really good. I was trying to substitute the vegetable oil for something else. Normally I resort to applesauce but since I was sans applesauce, I opted for trying Strawberry jelly. It worked nice, but as the muffins cooled they got a bit stickier. But I loved adding the frozen fruit instead of using the prepackaged blueberries that came with the muffin mix. It was awesome. That being said I'm going to stick with substituting applesauce for oil when I feel the need to be health(ier)...