- 3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- About 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 celery stalks, small diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves plus sprigs, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil the chicken so it's been throughly cooked and shred the chicken. for me it was easiest using 2 forks to pull the chicken.
2. Add all ingredients in a big bowl and mix together.
OVERALL: So I cut back on the mayo because the first time we made this it seemed the chicken is swimming in Mayo, which is nasty as hell. Next time I'll probably use chicken thigh or some more tender meat because the chicken seemed to be a little on the dry side. Very good though. Made me happy.
Last night at a friends house her roommate was making chicken salad, and instead of using Mayo, celery, and walnuts, used yogurt, grapes and apple. Sounds very interesting and I think I might have to try.