Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Introductions and Chocolate Cake Derivative

A little Introduction into my cooking experiences:

I'm a baker. I Love baking cakes, cookies, pies. Any dessert I will attempt to make, ingredients provided. My late father was a Gourmet Chef, while on my mothers side, I come from a lineage of bakers. I've never really experimented with cooking before because I tend to like cooking alone and the idea of cooking while having my mother or step father critizing me over adding too much salt or whatever, isn't appealing.

However, this summer I've been alone alot which leads to some tasty-- or not so tasty-- treats. This fall I'll be on my own and I'd like to remember what I made or would like to try. So in the blog I hope to record some creations, bookmark some recipes I hope to cook, and become popular enough that I can get advice from others. But that's wishful thinking for the moment.

---------------------------------

1 Box Chocolate Cake mix
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 8 oz bag of coconut

Prepare the cake as per directions on the box and add in the orange zest when mixing.

Since we had no frosting ingredients for ANY type of frosting/glaze, we opted for toasting coconut and sprinkling it ontop with some leftover coffee from the morning as a 'glue'

No comments: